Thursday, August 31, 2017

A bon voyage message



Today, our Loan Officer, coworker and dear friend Raquel Rovira retires from OAS FCU.
And that is why I am going to skip my regular posting to write a little about her. I don’t think words can express my (and OAS FCU’s) thanks for being such a dedicated, warm, and friendly coworker. So, Raquel here’s my bon voyage letter to you:

You’ve been the credit union’s loan officer for many, many years (and, because you’re a lady, we won’t say how many!). From the day I met you, you were always warm and welcoming to me, just as you are with everyone else; I think you were often misunderstood, but to me it was always clear that you are smart, sharp, kind, and tough at your job sometimes, because you had to be. You taught me many of the things I know from my work at OAS FCU, and I always felt that your door was open to me, both professionally and personally.

Here are some of things I’ve learnt from you:

  • As collections officer, you taught me how to be tough
  • You also taught me when to have heart 
  • While collecting debt is a difficult, unrewarding job, you made me understand that collecting for a credit union means getting everyone’s money back; and that is OK, because this is OUR credit union, it belongs to all of us
  • You trusted me to handle difficult situations and people and, in trusting me, you showed me that I -indeed- could handle them 
  • That you are just completely, irrefutably terrible with computers
  • You taught me how to make orange flan (and it’s wonderful, and I’m making one in your honor this weekend)
  • You also taught me that if I want a guest to leave my house, I must put a broom behind the door!
Raquel, you are unique, witty, have an amazing sense of humor that is part acerbic, part kind, and I’m going to miss you (we all are!).

Thank you, for all years of hard work, fierce loyalty, and unquestionable friendship. Don’t be a stranger, at the office, or with me!





To our readers: Please use the comments section below if you want to bid Raquel a fond farewell, too!

1 comment :

Nevermore said...

I cannot imagine the FCU without Raquel. Though I see here rarely these days she always had a welcome smile and helped me many times in practising my Spanish. Raquel, thank you for being you and happy retirement. My Portuguese is now much better than my Spanish....muito obrigada para tudo que voce fiz para todos nos. Um grande abraco e boa sorte.